View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #27
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by n7of9 View Post
it would also bode well if your app shows 50,000+ free installs as opposed to only 150 paid installs
You may be right but if 50,000 calibre users are willing to try a free version I bet 45,000 will be willing to buy it out right knowing it was created by one of calibre's developers.

Quote:
-metadata - when syncing calibre to a proper ereader (like a Sony) any changes made in calibre after the book was added would also be updated and synced...currently, with no syncing capability for MTP devices
If I recall correctly there is no syncing for any ereader other than Sony devices (maybe a kobo or two) and I believe chaley was the programmer behind the Sony device integration success. It would be great if that feature could somehow be replicated with one of the reader apps.

Quote:
books with changes need to be converted over themselves (i.e. epub to epub) so any metadata changes are saved and visible on the android device...
FYI until there is another solution you can use the Modify ePub plugin to update the metadata in a book, a full conversion is no longer the only method to embed the metadata.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote