View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #14
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
Just installed and tried on some PDF files, the feeling is mixed:

Pros:
Within all the mentioned improvements on the official blog, page turning speed for scanned PDF is indeed improved, stylus is not that super sensitive as in the beta firmware.

Cons:
1. PDF cut-off on the right side and bottom side. See attached pdf file along with the actual effect.
2. Zoom level of documents got screwed up. If you have a PDF file viewed in zoom mode in the beta firmware, open it now in the RC1 firmware, it is probably 2x of the original zoom level.
3. Flipbar in pan mode is still miserable. Maybe IREX thinks this is not as important as other bugs/features? All I want is: in pan mode, when the bottom of a file is met, pushing the flipbar forward should turn to the top of next page. Not a complicate change at all.
4. Why do I have to set the date and time on every reboot?
I agree, but 2 must not be a problem, beta is for intrepid testers anyway
And I don't observe your 4th here.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote