View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Could it be something in your CSS?

<br /> is allowed in ePubs.

To prove it, here's a tiny ePub that has a <br /> in it, and passes epubcheck 1.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by georg3200 View Post
When I check a epub with epubcheck (1.0.3 or 1.04) I always get an error:

"attribute "clear" not allowed at this point: ignored"

I tried the br tag in different versions <br/> or <br /> or <br></br>
I always get the error with the attribute clear. None of my br-tags contains an attribute clear or any other attribute.

It seems that the epub itself works without any problems in ADE, on a Sony PRS 505 and a Bookeen Opus. The br-tag works fine.
But our customers use ebupcheck to control the books we deliver. They only accept error-free books.

Usually I replace the br-tag with a new paragraph, but sometimes thats a lot of work with the stylesheet

Does anyone know, what I can do or what the problem is?
Attached Files
File Type: epub Line Break Test.epub (1.8 KB, 471 views)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote