Thread: Literary Inferno by Dante
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 07:23 PM   #14
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Yes, the notes are very good and helpful. Quite interesting to read also as being of their time, because this translation was first published in 1949 or 1950, and a few times she refers back to the Second World War, still very fresh in everyone's minds at that time of course.

That's interesting fantasyfan: I hadn't known, or at any rate remembered that she was a member of the Inklings.
Looks like I have to correct myself! Dorothy Sayers was a friend of Charles Williams and C. S. Lewis and read papers in other societies frequented by the Inklings but it seems--according to Lewis himself--that she was never actually a member.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote