Thread: Literary Short Vote • June 2013
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #10
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Very tough decision with so many interesting selections. I was always going to vote for the Naipaul and the Forster, and I wasn't going to vote for the O'Connor - it's a great read, but I've already read it (and I'd recommend the title short story as one of the best I've read).

The other three were hard going though to make a choice on. Looking at the way the votes have gone made it especially difficult - I could've not voted for any of the three, hoping the Forster would get one more vote to win in the end. And that's why I didn't vote for the Walser or the Pirandello - they both sound interesting but there's no point in voting for everything, and I'd rather Forster.

I think I'm still a bit scarred on books about Japanese disasters from reading Black Rain last year, so at first I was leery of the Murakami. But I have been wanting to try him and was disappointed Norwegian Wood didn't win the month it was nominated, so in the end I reconsidered, set aside my reservations on the subject matter and voted for it.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote