View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:32 AM   #508
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyGrumpy View Post
@Doitsu, I might take a try at it some time in future, if I ever finsh my huge Twain project.
I really appreciate the offer and would like to see a version done by you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyGrumpy View Post
But I did look at gutenberg's illustrated epub version, and it looked pretty ok. Is there a special reason you don't like their epub version?
The epub might look OK at first glance, but at least in ADE 1.7 and 2.0 there are major display problems. For example, if you look at the chapter "13th May - [A] startling discovery this morning..." (page 37/physical page 57), there's a whole section with a b/w picture in it missing (In the Mouldering Chamber, 5-13_3s.jpg, page 41/physical page 61). (The content is in the epub, but it isn't being displayed.)
The same problem also occurs in many other chapters. I.e. often text followed by larges images is partially hidden.

Also ADE displays the "The document appears to have minor errors that might cause it to be displayed incorrectly." warning, which usually indicates that there's something wrong with the style-sheet.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote