View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Who says everyone must be running iOS 6? I still have iOS 5 on my iPhone precisely so that I can run Stanza on it without any issues, until Marvin for iPhone comes out. Besides, Stanza isn't totally dysfunctional on iOS 6, just buggy (crashes in some scenarios). No matter how weird that sounds, but a buggy Stanza is still ten thousand times more preferable than flawlessly working, but utterly lame apps like iBooks and the Kindle app.

(Of course, it gets worse if you have iPhone 5 like the OP, because then Stanza doesn't utilise all of the availble screen and in that case, Bluefire Reader might indeed be the best option to use until Marvin for iPhone comes out.)
Stanza was buggy from day one and it's never gotten better. I've never taken to a reader app just because it has good options/features. It has to first render well and then the features/options are second.

Bluefire uses ADE so it renders well. My suggestion (to the OP) is to use Bluefire if DRM is needed and when Marvin is ready for prime time on the iPhone and DRM is not needed, give it a try,

But given what's actually released for the iPhone, Bluefire is currently #1.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote