View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #11
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
Thanks for responses so far (I'm reading everything that gets posted.) Good to know there is a smaller Mighty Bright (Brite?).

For reference, I've been using the Kandle, although I think mine is an older model than pictured. It's really not too bad, except for batteries. It uses watch-type batteries that you pretty much have two options on:

1) Buy very expensive name-brand ones

2) Buy a whole lot of super cheap import ones that don't last nearly as long

I have a habit of falling asleep while reading, so I went with #2. It's still annoying as you have to haul out a jeweler's screwdriver (they provide one) to swap batteries. Overall it's been 'acceptable', but if I have the refund from my Paperwhite I wouldn't mind trying something more expensive (assuming I keep the Kindle Keyboard rather than go with a different lighted reader). Having the ability to recharge batteries myself would be nice though.
I tried one of the clip on lights that has a rechargeable battery via USB micro-port. Great concept, worked well, but just as heavy and bulky as the MightyBright (sp?) with 3-batteries.

One thing I don't like about my current MB clip on is that the gooseneck is too easy to move. It needs to be way stiffer.