View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
poodlez
poodlez began at the beginning.

Device: none
Best and cheapest E-ink Pocketbook for PDF?

Hello pocketbookers

This is my first post on this forum, happy to be here in the company of such knowledgeable people. I've been reading up on e-book readers for the last 6 hours or so and I've decided a pocketbook would be my best option due to its supposed best pdf support. I'm about to go travelling and need to convert a bunch of my paperback books into pdf, the large majority of my ebooks are also in pdf format. From what I've read the pro 912 is the best for pdf, I'm wondering if the 612 is comparable even though its smaller? Most rave reviews on viewing pdfs seemed to be for the 912 and I seen very little on the 612...I'm wondering if its just not possible on small screens or if the 612 does the best job as far as the smaller more affordable e-ink readers are concerned. I really can't afford the 912 (or any larger screen for that matter) so its out of the question...I'm wondering what the best but affordable option would be for viewing (and taking notes) on pdfs.

Also, Germany will be my first stop (awesome bonus if you know where I can find the best deals:-) so I will likely pick up my model there since pocketbooks are tough to come by in North America, so any of the models are an option, though only those with E-Ink are preferred since I'm on my computer a lot and wish to minimize eye strain.

Thanks so much for your advice, I look forward to sharing as I learn more about the world of ebook readers and possibly my new pocketbook
poodlez is offline   Reply With Quote