View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 08:42 AM   #7
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I think repercussions or punishment have less and less motivation in older people who have developed a correct (socially acceptable) sense of what is right and wrong. The repercussion part is a useful teaching tool that can be applied to anyone while they develop the desired thought patterns - unfortunately society is full of people sitting in jail who can't seem to get it right

As for what I do...

I don't think I'd do anything directly to a specific person like murder, rape, stealing, vandalism, etc. I would certainly stop paying my bills and going to work. Probably stock up on a lot of food and spend the last few days with my family.

I have to wonder though if the world would end simply because someone said it was? Sort of a self fulfilling prophesy.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote