View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 12:58 PM   #16
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Under the hood, this is a two step process and sometimes you might want to edit the intermediate HTML. MobiPocket Creator should leave behind its intermediate OEB ebook files, but you can also just use the command line version pdf2xml, see Mobipocket convert in mass?.
Nice to know, but I *do* like the complete run through to get the .prc actually produced. I'm a lazy bugger...

Dumb question time: What good is the .xml if I already have the .prc and .opf with .html from the Mobipocket Creator Import?

I've never used .xml files (my Word is 'stuck' at Word 2003). Which program converts these and/or reads them for further processing?

Would you say they are better for storage, portability or something else? I'm not in the know here. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote