View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 11:46 PM   #14
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
eschwartz, I can't really remember the generation numbers. They offered me a refurbished Paperwhite or a Touch, but when I asked about getting a Kindle Keyboard they said those were not available refurbished.

Thanks, Becca! I'm glad to know they don't want the charger back.
RIght, they don't offer the Keyboard anymore, that is a 3rd-gen Kindle. The 4th-gen is just the basic one that came out with the Touch. 5th-gen just came out with the Paperwhite.

Every new Kindle comes in two versions -- the basic Kindle with a 5-way controller plus home and back buttons, plus a more advanced one. 2nd-gen was the DX, 3rd-gen was the Keyboard, then the Touch and now the Paperwhite.

It's good to know they offer the Touch as well as the Paperwhite -- I'm sure they will also offer the Basic Kindle with 5-way controller. It doesn't have a touch-screen (either the current, 5th-gen or the 4th-gen that came out with the Touch) and will be much cheaper as well. They told me $43 for a refurbished 4th-gen Basic Kindle.

I think if you give the touchscreen a try, though, you will soon wonder how you lived (or at least read) without it. It really is a superior way to navigate your Kindle.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote