View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #122
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Yes, retina makes a big different on iPhone 4 which you hold much closer to your face but what does retina mean? It is high resolution usually 4x what you get on the older screen. 4x is used to avoid dithering the pixels to achieve the higher resolution you just dup the bits resulting in 2x height and 2x width. When you have only 134 ppi at the ipad 1 and 2 then it makes sense but when you start with over 160 ppi it makes much less sense particularly when you have to have a huge battery drain and screen draw time to achieve it and you aren't likely to hold an 8" screen close to your face anyway. YMMV

Dale
YMMV - indeed it does.

The only time I hold my iPhone close to my face is when I am talking on it. Then the screen becomes irrelevant.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote