View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #28
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Thank you! I have mixed feelings about extreme realism even though it is realism that I strive for in most of my work (this particularly one is actually less realistic and more artistic). I can appreciate the work and effort involved in such works, but even doing work in the area of realism sometime I say "why not just take (or print) a picture."
I actually agree with you Kenny. I was struck by how "real" this particular piece was done, but in general I'm not a fan of realism. Personally, I like artwork with lots of lost edges but where I can still tell what something is. My mind should roam around the painting a while and take it in. Justin Sweet is a good example of this type of artist.
Spoiler:

I also like illustrators like Norman Rockwell, Arthur Rackham, and Howard Pyle because they are masters of artwork that evokes emotion.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote