View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #56
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I'm appalled that anyone can think that buying a favorable review is acceptable for a self-pubber.
I'm appalled by advertisements every day, trying to convince me that some crappy service or unhealthy burger is the bee's knees by throwing a cute actress at me. This is no different, AFAIK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
So you're okay with the Kirkus paid reviews?
(Just wondering; that whole set-up triggers my "sucker bait" alarms. Maybe I'm too sensitive.)
Honestly? The concept of paid reviews doesn't freak me ONE BIT. Yes, Kirkus' methods are particularly unpalatable... but so is a Big Mac. I don't see anybody attacking McDonalds for their commercials.

This is one BMFD issue. It's not news. It does not "reflect badly on all indie authors" any more than a Big Mac commercial reflects badly on all restaurants, except to those who don't know any better. I know better.

And if I thought I could entice my book buyers to leave reviews, pro OR con, by offering a partial or even a full refund to those who could show me they'd done it--a method I'd like to think would be a bit more above-board than Kirkus and Locke's method, but hopefully achieve the same results--yeah, I'd give it a shot, too.

And go ahead, tell me how you'll never buy my books ever again... considering no one's buying them now, I'm not losing much...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote