View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #39
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Clearly Apple copied and probably should never have been issued the patents in any case. Hell Jobs even admitted or at least claimed it was the "right thing to do"

By ignoring the 'prior art' the jury clearly screwed up, they just wanted to get out for the weekend. I'm sure this will play heavily into the appeal and perhaps we can actually get some justice done.
This.

The more the jury talks, the more ammunition Samsung will have for the appeal. What I have read, in my eyes, presents a jury with a predisposition to find Samsung guilty. They even went against the instructions when awarding compensation to apple: according to the instructions, if they found that Sammy had infringed, they should calculate the reasonable royalties that apple would have earned from Sammy, but instead the jury went beyond that.

Quote:
"We wanted to make sure it was sufficiently high to be painful, but not unreasonable."