View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ixtab: While I just finished fixing KindleTool to build (hopefully) correct recovery v2 update packages, we'd unfortunately need a patched kernel (more specifically, a patched initramfs) to be able to make them run (the update is entirely run & validated by the recovery tool in the initramfs).

And my brain is already broken after looking at IDA Pro to try to get some of the stuff right for KindleTool >_<".

That said, Yifan (and others since) did it for previous models (and Yifan wrote a bunch of things about how to replicate it), so it's not completely crazy, and if you happen to actually know a bit of ARM assembly (which I don't ^^), that probably helps .

On the other hand, If what I'm thinking of doing (following eureka's nudge) actually works, it'll be vastly simpler & faster . [I'll look into it tomorrow].

EDIT: Done, see #36.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-09-2012 at 12:01 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote