View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #61
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Calibre's pretty snappy on my laptop, with 22934 titles in it. To be sure, my machine is a fairly beefy one with an i7 CPU and 8GB of RAM behind it, but I do believe that there's a definite speed increase since the v1.0.x releases became available.

Personally re: this new library manager--I'm willing to try a new thing, but I'll happily wait till there's a beta or actual release version to try. Meanwhile I'm sticking with Calibre, since I'm fairly well invested in its ecosystem by now. Definitely need to clean up my library though: it's rather haphazard in the extreme in spite of the valiant effort of Calibre's database to make sure things are right, books and metadata-wise. Tags in particular have gone from messy to mutated alien jungle full of carnivorous plants. Might just nuke it and start over properly before I get to 100k books and lose the will to clean things up permanently.
Sefiriot is offline   Reply With Quote