View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 07:51 AM   #9
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
In preferences, spell check, there is a button at the bottom that says, "Open user dictionary location." As noted the dictionaries are hunspell/myspell and most dictionaries from Open Office will work with it.

I'll look into the Danish issue. @Toxaris is it possible for you to provide me with a sample ePub (just a few correctly spelled words that are mismarked) and the dictionary files you're using? Also, what OS are you using? When I tested with accented characters for German and Spanish on OS X I didn't run into this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme
Since some of my find/replace strings were very long the window was double the width of my screen and could not be shrunk,
I'll look into a work around for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme
Some tooltips on the next/previous/Count/All items might be useful - and the down arrow for close is inconsistent with the x used for say the book browser
It's a down arrow because search and replace is not dockable. It's a permanent widget that takes up that are. I can change it to an X for consistency though. It's only a down arrow because I was lazy and a down arrow is a standard button but an X is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks
clicked Help Sigil Blog...
Interesting. Are you having any other issues with Firefox? That error is very much a Firefox error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine
The toolbar with validation/tidy... is called "Quick Settings", tho the menu is "Tools", seems a bit odd to call them settings.
This was missed when going through and making the menus and menu items constant. The idea is to get rid of "Tools" because it doesn't tell you anything about what is there. Renaming to Quick Settings is the easiest fix so far.

Quote:
The spell checker, there's no option to actually disable it. Selecting 'None' as the dict seems to still use an empty dictionary, after restarting with 'None' selected, it defaulted to the German (first item) on the next launch.
None should disable it. At least to the point that you dont' see any red underlined words. I'll take care of it saving the None choice after restarting.

Quote:
The spell check does not seem to deal with 'fancy' quotation marks, it will happily correct them to the boring version should you wish. I'm sure that could be fixed in the dict directly, but seems a bit odd (seems it might be a limitation of hspell tho).
This is a limitation of hunspell. Most dictionaries only include the ascii quote version. I could introduce a work around where fancy punctuation is converted to ascii (internally) before sending to hunspell for checking. That should fix this issue.