View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 04:19 AM   #8
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
"a rather long boot-up time (45s or so) and a short battery life. Additionally, the MobiPocket Reader implementation on the iLiad is considerably more "basic" than that of other versions of it. You really need to recharge the iLiad every day or so, as you would a laptop. The dedicated bookreaders can all go for weeks between charges."

I must admit to being a bit puzzled by all this, I own a Sony 500 and A Bookeen Cybook Gen 3 and have just ordered an ILiad. I find the Bookeen never boots in under 30 secs and most times takes around 45. I find that its battery life is inceasingly shorter as I use it more, I now have to charge it every other day, yet when I bought it I went over a couple of weeks. As well as this I cannot see how Mobipocket can get much more "basic" than it already is.
In spite of all this I still like the Bookeen and use it consistently and would recommend it. The only problem with the Sony is the bookstore. Apart from the DRM/USA restrictions on purchasing. I cannot configure it to operate through a proxy server, hence when I am overseas (frequently for months at a time) I cannot buy books for it.
I think the Bookeen is a very good purchase, if you dont want to spend the extra money for an Iliad.

John
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote