View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #11
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Processing 500 books on my Kobo Mini seems pretty fast. Maybe a minute or two.
But they are not on an SD card.

On my Sony T1 processing 1000 books in main memory is pretty fast, again a minute or so I think, but 4000 seems to take forever.

Processing 10,000 on an SD card would probably take a very long time. Pretty sure it would be the same on a Kobo Glo. Plus if it crashes, which does happen, it would probably have to do it all over again

Like yourself, I think the indexing may be unnecessary as there are 'fixes' to prevent it on the Sony readers, but I do not know this for a fact.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote