View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 04:31 AM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Sony might listen, but I doubt they would do anything. I love my Sony readers but it seems that for each improvement in one area you lose something in another area.

Your desires seem pretty complex to me.

I used to use post-its as bookmarks but identifying pages you haven't read seems odd.
If it is fiction I either read or I don't. Sometimes I skim through pages and have to look back, but it isn't a conscious decision on my part and how would the ereader know? I almost always skip over the blurbs at the front and rarely read those at the back.

Reference books I refer to when I need to and often don't read half of the pages. Never did finish the Oxford dictionary.

Study material, rarely have I read an entire book and no amount of reminders would make me pick it up unless I had a reason to do so and then I would look in the index for the pertinent information rather than go through unread pages.

How did you handle these things in paper books? A small notebook with a pencil seems the best solution at present.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote