View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
I'll be doing the exact same thing in a few days only I plan to use a USB 2.0 flash drive or an external HD to transfer the Library folder to a new laptop.

I'm guessing I'll have to manually add my customized plug-ins to Calibre on the new machine? I thought I'd read of a way to copy over with plug-ins included a while back, but danged if I can find that post now that I need it
The settings can be copied, the plugins will still need to be installed.
IMHO do the settings first.

Locate the Configuration folderS There is a button in Preferences Miscellaneous that opens the folder.
LEAVE IT OPEN
shut down Calibre.
Copy the contents of the folder to the New Machine.
Start the New Calibre (you might need to Switch Libraries if the same (path and) name was not used)
and install the plugins as normal (the old settings should all be in effect)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote