View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 02:14 AM   #76
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolio View Post
However, the screen on the second is yellow at the top, blue at the bottom. The first one was an even yellow tint.
That happened to me too, but the other way round (the first one has the dual coloured screen, the second one has an even screen). So far, you're the first I noticed saying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, it is a manufacturing problem, but luckily not that common. A few people have reported getting two or three that had the issue. I had the same issue with the Glo I bought last year. I tested the replacement in the shop as part of the exchange. And I would have kept testing until I found a fault free one.
Someone offered me to open the box just after check out to avoid having to come back if something was wrong, again, with the screen. Maybe you can try that toolio since you'll have to go back to the store to get a refund

Somehow, it reminds me of the first Paperwhite batches. Many people had to do several exchanges before having an even, bright spots free screen. And now everyone seems to enjoy their Paperwhites
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote