View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #72
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
What I really want is an app that does a better job of allowing me to organize books, keeps track of which books I've read and which ones I haven't.
Like many people I'm using Goodreads to keep track of all that. Having entered all the books I've read, and which ones I liked best it gives me good recommendations for other books I might like. And this is working great! My reading volume has gone waaayy up in the past few weeks since I started using Goodreads. True, it's not integrated with an e-reader itself, but I don't mind going back and forth. Another feature I like is that having identified a book I'd like to read, it helps me to find it - including from my Public Library which I've added to the list of sources!

As for the OP's original question, I like the swiss army knife approach of the tablets - give me email, and android's app store, I want it all! If I'm going to have these nice big 7-inch screens they might as well earn their keep. After all, isn't that how Smartphones evolved? Starting off originally as a dedicated phone you carried in your pocket, other functions were added to replace other devices; mp3 players, cameras, etc ...
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote