View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #6
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultBoy View Post
My brother got a chromebook when Google was doing their random giveaway thing for field testing. I would have loved to see it have mobile data. Having either that or a nexus with data sounds really tempting.

I'm almost sold on the idea.
The strange thing is the new Acer C7 has the 320GB hard drive and costs less ($199) than the new Chromebook ($249) with a 16GB SSD. They will sell the $249 machine with "mobile data - 3G Verizon, 100MB per month for 2 years) for $80 more. ($329) BUT a spokesman says they will not do that for the C7.

Both however will get the free 100GB cloud storage, and the 12 sessions of free Airplane WiFi over 2 years.

There are differences in the machines. The Acer C7 has a ethernet port and 3 USB2 ports. The Chromebook has 2 USB2 ports and 1 USB3 port.
Both have HDMI. Other things are slight difference in weight, etc.

Acer doesn't yet advertise the C7 on their site. It is on Googles.

I was also amazed at the low cost if you wanted more than the 100MB per months. The rates were like half what Verizon charges for 4G and I don't see a Verizon rate plan for 3G.

The other beautiful thing is that you only pay for the extra data when you want. It is not a contract. Really like a MiFi.

Last edited by SeaKing; 11-16-2012 at 12:17 AM.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote