View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Appropriately enough, stonetools, I'm interested in pre-history, primarily UK & Europe, but any is of interest.
My problem is not many works in this field are available e-wise.
I don't have any ebook suggestions off hand, but "God's Own Radio Service" ( My irreverent appellation for the BBC) has two excellent resources for prehistory :

" A History of the World in 100 objects"

It was originally a PODCAST, but there is a companion BOOK.

I describe it as "crack for history buffs ". I think my IQ grew a point or two every time I listened to an episode. Superb stuff-highest recommendation. I wish there had been a 1000 objects!
I also recommend highly Melvin Bragg's "In Our Time" on BBC RAdio 4. Its an ongoing series, but they have archived stuff on pre-history, as well as on history, philosophy, science, culture, and religion. Lots of interesting stuff.

ARCHIVE
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote