View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
ebooks.adelaide Mobi Conversion Failures

The University of Adelaide offers free ebooks, formatted mostly in separate html chapters. http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/

When attempting to use Calibre to convert these html segments to Mobibook, I get the following error details:

(To get around this difficulty I have followed the fairly convoluted alternative method of downloading the same titles from Gutenberg in txt format, converting to html using GUItenMark, then having Calibre convert that html file to Mobibook, which works fine.)

Has anyone an explanation why one html conversion works and the other doesn't?

Convert book 1 of 1 (u'Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (Chapter1)')
InputFormatPlugin: HTML Input running on C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\My Documents\My Books\eBook Library\Edward Gibbon\Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (Ch (143)\Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (Ch - Edward Gibbon.html
Language not specified
Creator not specified
Building file list...
IgnoreFile(u"Could not read from file: C:\\Documents and Settings\\Compaq_Owner\\My Documents\\My Books\\eBook Library\\Edward Gibbon\\Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (Ch (143)\\index.html with error: (2, 'No such file or directory')",)
IgnoreFile(u"Could not read from file: C:\\Documents and Settings\\Compaq_Owner\\My Documents\\My Books\\eBook Library\\Edward Gibbon\\Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (Ch (143)\\chapter2.html with error: (2, 'No such file or directory')",)
Found files...
HTMLFile:0:a:C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\My Documents\My Books\eBook Library\Edward Gibbon\Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (Ch (143)\Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (Ch - Edward Gibbon.html
Parsing Decline%20and%20Fall%20of%20the%20Roman%20Empire%2 0%28Ch%20-%20Edward%20Gibbon.html ...
Stripping comments and meta tags from Decline%20and%20Fall%20of%20the%20Roman%20Empire%2 0%28Ch%20-%20Edward%20Gibbon.html
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "worker.py", line 103, in <module>
File "worker.py", line 90, in main
File "calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.pyo", line 17, in gui_convert
File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.pyo", line 599, in run
File "calibre\customize\conversion.pyo", line 213, in __call__
File "calibre\ebooks\html\input.pyo", line 284, in convert
File "calibre\ebooks\html\input.pyo", line 356, in create_oebbook
File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\base.pyo", line 947, in fget
File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\base.pyo", line 812, in _parse_xhtml
File "lxml.etree.pyx", line 2440, in lxml.etree.fromstring (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:23985)
File "parser.pxi", line 1510, in lxml.etree._parseMemoryDocument (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:63925)
File "parser.pxi", line 1382, in lxml.etree._parseDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:62795)
File "parser.pxi", line 891, in lxml.etree._BaseParser._parseUnicodeDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:59726)
File "parser.pxi", line 542, in lxml.etree._ParserContext._handleParseResultDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:56659)
File "parser.pxi", line 628, in lxml.etree._handleParseResult (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:57504)
File "parser.pxi", line 568, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:56902)
lxml.etree.XMLSyntaxError: Attribute xm
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote