View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 09:11 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6REW View Post
Hi All,

Well I just downloaded nearly 1,000 books to the 8gb card in my reader and it would not start up.

Re booted and it would have none of it, ending up with the little circular arrow stopping going round in the centre.

Now don't get me wrong I really have no need for that many books and it was only an experiment. But the processor is obviously just not good enough for that sort of quantity.

So will get a smaller card and this one can go back as a spare for the psp.

Regards

Chris
I remember at the Austin meetup, the Sony there (which belonged to Amalthia) had at least 1,000 books on it and maybe more. It took a lot of time for it to do much of anything.

You might want to PM her and see what her take on it is. Perhaps if you don't put all of the books on the card at the same time ....

I know it was just an experiment, but in practical reality, I will be carrying thousands of books around on my Kindle eventually (code books and case reporters, along with my recreational reading), and so I'm hoping the Kindle will be able to handle it.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote