View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #44
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by taustin View Post
In many cases, you can boot to safe mode, or even to a different user account, to get in to System Restore. Though one that blocks exes is rather more serious than most drive-bys. It certainly doesn't hurt to have some kind of live CD or bootable flash drive with AV software on it, though. I do recall one, though, that by the time the AV software got rid of it, it has borked the network stack, and nothing short of a full formate and reinstall would fix it.
I never even thought of System Restore. Don't know if I could have gotten to it.

I had the same sort of problem a few years back--the fake antivirus was calling itself by a different name though--and eventually I was able to use Malwarebytes to get rid of it. So this time I immediately went to Malwarebytes.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote