View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #812
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Our Mutual Friend, by Charles Dickens

Just uploaded a thoroughly-proofed version of "Our Mutual Friend" by Charles Dickens; his last completed novel, and perhaps my favourite of all his novels.

This is an extremely long book, and it's taken me a little over two months to proof-read it, spending a couple of hours a day on it. I'd estimate that I corrected an average of 5 or so errors per page (mostly punctuation, but a fair number of "real" errors, too). There was also the usual issue of missing text, which underlines the importance of proofing against a printed edition, and not just taking the eBook in isolation.

I've also replaced all the illustrations, taking them from a scan of an 1907 Macmillan edition at "archive.org"; the previous versions of the illustrations weren't very good.

As usual, I've uploaded LRF (obsolete, I know, but someone may still want it!), Mobi, and ePub editions of the book.

On to the unfinished "Edwin Drood" next which will, I believe (and I do need to check this) complete my "set" of fully-proofed Dickens novels (although there's a fair amount of other stuff to be done, yet).

Hope other people find this novel as enjoyable as I do.

I should add that I'd now regard this as a finished work. If you find even the most trivial error remaining it in, please let me know so that I can correct it. Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote