View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 01:32 AM   #278
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
and speaking of omnibus, that's great, since i'm expecting one a few weeks from now. so i can count each story in it as one book? cool ;3
Sure, if it was assembled from individual books in the first place. Or is a collection of long novellas that could normally be offered separately as e-books.

Short stories, it seems a bit unfair; but then that makes it an anthology and you can count an anthology as "read" as long as you've completed at least one story in it, because you may never ever read all the stories in an anthology (some will just plain be boring or suck) so you don't have to do them cover-to-cover before being "finished", I feel.

As for the sale stuff, just take a deep breath, relax, and tell yourself "just about all of this will be put on sale again later" and "some of these e-books may become freebies" (especially if you're tempted by the Sourcebooks stuff).

I think we read in the Deals thread for it that this sale was kind of a test run for the smaller publishers to see how they could do at lower prices? If so, then they should have enough evidence that doing the occasional deep discount event is good for sales and they'll do it again in the future if they've got any business sense.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote