View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 07:55 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Did anyone else see this? Did you love it or hate it?
Yes, I saw it. An excellent production. I'm very much looking forward to the rest of the series.

It's available for viewing (probably just from UK IP addresses) at the BBC iplayer web site until 10:30 on Sunday 15th. (i.e. one week after broadcast.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...Study_in_Pink/

It's quite fun seeing how much of an alternative universe it's set in. It's obviously one in which Sir Arthur Conan Doyle never wrote the Sherlock Holmes stories. (And so Neil Gaiman never wrote A Study in Emerald, and the TV series House never got made.)

From the first episode, it also seems likely that in this alternate universe,
Spoiler:
William Goldman didn't write A Princess Bride. Unless this new SH just happened to never see the film or read the book.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote