View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
I would recommend it, with caveats. I love my Nook tablets and honestly think they're a great deal and will continue to be a great deal for the foreseeable future. It was a definite upgrade from my Toshiba Android tablet, and it is definitely a better piece of hardware than the original Kindle Fire. The expandable card comes in handy, and it has access to the Google Play store now so you can still read your Amazon books.

However, since B&N is getting out of the tablet business, I would only get it if you're OK with either 1) Sticking with the stock software, or 2) Rooting. Also, if you bought Amazon apps you'll need to root to install those.

That said, rooting is incredibly easy with the Nooks (Main steps: Download files from XDA. Write to SD card. Pop in SD card. Install files on Nook. Restart), and there's plenty of help for anyone who wants to root.

Last edited by Rbneader; 06-25-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote