View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #31
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonzling View Post
Wellllll, yes in first place Since I know, it's "only" an embedded Linux, I'm not surprised any more.
To me, it sounded like, th "fixed" font is one of the standard ones... so, it wasn't.

But with that info about the font-path you provided, I can get further. Thanks.

Sorry, that I'm not as skilled, as most people in here seem to be, but I'm honestly trying and grateful for any help.

Oliver
No problem, did not mean for it to sound quite so harsh. When you are skilled enough to attempt (successful or not) to cross-compile or port anything, then I would assume you have enough sense to check, double-check, and double-check again for existence of required features. Especially when you get error messages in your log about it. I am sorry for that assumption.

For the record, as a rule of thumb: If anything requires a hack (a jailbreak, or "rooting" for example), then chances are that you deal with an embedded operating system. To reduce cost to the end-customer, those are trimmed down to save valuable storage space. Memory might be cheap, but unless you are Apple and charge a ridiculous amount of profit margin, even a dime here and ther per unit adds up pretty quick. Especially for Amazon that sells Kindles very cheap if considering hard- and sofware alone (possibly at or below cost, nobody will know for sure - the people in the know won't ever tell us the truth).
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote