View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 09:16 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Parker View Post
Gone With the Wind is the classic disappointment for me. I read this as a young teenager and thought it a great, romantic adventure. I read it more recently and discovered many unpleasant undertones in it. I found it patronising and racist and I have no wish to read it again. I don't know if anyone else has found this?
I think you have to read such books as a product of the culture in which they were written. Every author is a product of his or her society, and can't really be judged in terms of the standard of a completely different one.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote