View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #45
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Even though I am a HUGE fan of ebooks, I agree that they do not provide the spacial context that pbooks do. I used to be able to visualize where information was in the text, and then pull up what I needed for the test. I find that if I have to go back to get a name or clarify a point in an ebook, it is entirely hit or miss.

But I am completely in favor of getting rid of the weight! My 11 year-old's backpack kills me!
I agree with you, spot on!! Spot on!!

I'm a huge fan of ebooks too and find it useful for the kind of work I do. However, when I was writing my qualifying exam papers (which took a whole year) I don't think I would want to use primarily the ebook format because I only have one reader which means only one page open at a time. When I wrote my qualifying exam papers, I had multiple books open at the same time and would sometimes flip through one book and then another to get some general idea about something and then write a bit, then flip some more.

Ebooks simply do not facilitate that kind of writing and reading process.

At this stage I don't need to do that kind of writing and reading but may have to soon again for some other pieces of writing I'm doing.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote