View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I may be confused, but I believe the point is that there is already a user controlled option in the driver to prevent the books from being put into sub-directories in the first place. If that is Jon's desire he should use it.
The issue is it's the default and many people (myself included) would not know of this right away. I didn't know that the option was to make subdirectories that didn't need to be made. I only found out when I first noticed the subdirectories on my 650. I've since fixed the problem. But I bet a lot don't know and the more they use Calibre to put books on and the device to delete, the more empty directories there are. I can see the device slowing down as it has to check each of them to see if there are books.

Yes it can be changed. But it has to be noticed it's there and what it does. I think a lot of people who do see the options for sending to the device and just leave it alone.

If it wasn't the default, it would not be an issue (IMHO).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote