View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noughty View Post
I have a pdf book and wanted to put on my kindle as mobi. When I convert to mobi I get it all correct till the actual story. It isn't added. So I get a cover, metadata, some first and last pages (no story itself)

I tried converting to epub and get this:

Looking for large trees in index.html...
Found large tree #0
Splitting...
Split point: {http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml}p /*/*[1518]
Split tree still too large: 397 KB
Splitting...
Split point: {http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml}p /*/*[1517]
Split tree still too large: 397 KB

and so on and so on. After 20 minutes I gave up.
Tried a bunch of other formats and nothing worked. I get the book without the story.

Any idea how to fix it? Why this happens? I don't have this problem with other books.
Yes

As it said, it can't figure out where to split .

I have done a 2 pass conversion.
First TEMPORARILY raise the the EPUB output split option from 260K to 400K (you can do this on the conversion screen)
Now convert to EPUB
If that flies, do an EPUB to EPUB conversion Setting the size BACK TO 260K
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote