View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlg432 View Post
It appears that the unit keeps a working copy of your open docs in a work space in internal memory. When you do a reset this workspace gets flushed.
If the new version was given a different name this problem probably wouldn't have occurred.

Something to keep in mind.
I had something similar happen but did not use reset. I had used Calibre to convert a pdf of a short story to epub and loaded it on the SD card. When I started reading it on the JBL, I noticed errors, so I exploded the epub and made corrections, and overwrote the file on the SD and reloaded it. But the JBL persisted in showing me the uncorrected version. I finally renamed the new version and loaded it on the card, and it showed up correctly. Then I deleted the old version, removed the card once again to rename the file back to the original name, and all was fine.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote