View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #29
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanM View Post
Hi D!

I find that if I make it look good in KF8, then it is difficult to format for Mobi7 because of the HTML tagging. Any advice on how to make a nice looking Mobi at the same time as a decent KF8?
Not difficult. Just a bit of a learning curve (and possibly a bit more time consuming).
The Kindle Publishing Guidelines gives several examples of how to use media queries to target the two different formats using the same source code.

Judicious use of media queries in conjunction with the "display:none" CSS attribute can be used to tailor the look of both formats (as well as ePub if done properly). I tend to use entirely different stylesheets for each format and then import the correct one using the special media-queries provided by Amazon -- the fourth method described in the Publishing Guidelines (section 8).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote