View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #8
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benasam View Post
I've started using Sigil because my mac was inserting invisible files into ePubs that were creating problems on some platforms (iBookstore, for example).

The problems went away simply by opening the ePubs in Sigil and then saving them again.

Now, for some reason, Sigil is inserting extra lines between paragraphs. I've read some other threads, but they don't seem to solve this issue.

Originally, the codes say:

But Sigil changes it to:

When I use find and replace in Code View, the removed line breaks just reappear when I save.

Please help!
I have to say, I prefer the lines of whitespace for readability. I've had a number of Pages-exported ePUBs sent to me, and they are literally unreadable--not even line breaks between paragraphs, etc. Absolute garbage to try to "fix."

I'll take the lines in Sigil any day. They're harmless, AFAIK, and I've never seen an issue with them.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote