View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 03:33 PM   #11
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
I am too experiencing what seems to be a shorter battery life, after upgrading to 1.5. I do not believe I could end a 2-3 hundred pages book, but I am aware that my habits could be the culprit, i.e. letting the Cybook turn itself off and turning it on a number of times per day, because I read when I can. That means that my device bootstraps a number of times per day, and that might deplete the battery a little bit more than usual. To resume, according to me, the reasons I can think of are :
  1. turning on / bootstrapping (as explained before)
  2. navigating the folders
  3. opening books
  4. turning pages
  5. bad battery
Probably the mix of all these reasons (excluding the last) due to the personal usage of the device, will give a different life to the battery. My suspicions are strong on the bootstrap and on the battery though. Some suspicion is also on the folder navigation, as something different from the previuos firmware version is happening, of course. Although it seems to find the right folder faster. I'm confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro10 View Post
I read in one of these threads, someone getting excessive battery usage on V2 Software.

Mine is an old 512Mb 200Mhz machine, the wife's is a 400Mhz machine.
Both have gone from approx 70-80% to nothing in two days and about 100-200 pages each best guess, but no more.

Seems excessive.
Anyone else get similar?
Does V1.5 (mobi) work better?

any clues?

ta
Jeff
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote