View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 08:40 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
So much to read! Facing choice overload right now...

1) When Fictionwise had their 'complete the series' sale, I completed a series. That's half a dozen books...

2) Just got the Southern Vampire series from Fictionwise at 100% Micropay. I already had one of the books (it was free awhile back) and the others were all in the $6 or so range. I wanted the micropay for a magazine subscription in the new year. So that's about 8 books, I think, only one of which I have already read...

3) Speaking of magazine subscriptions, I will not tell you how behind I am on the Asimovs I got with the micropay I used *last* year on a magazine subscription...

4) Also have picked up, as sale and freebies, several dozen books I read in paper once and jumped at the chance, at the right price, to get an ebook version for. I hesitate to mark them as 'read' until I have read them on the ebook reader to make sure they are okay...(one of these is The Mists of Avalon, which is more than 500 pages. I was happy to save the shelf space, but this will not be a one-day e-read...)

5) Downloaded two books from here which had a short story I wanted. Turns out they are part of multi-book omnibus collections, which is great because it means I can now look forward to a large collection of stories I know I will like. But again, not one day reads...

6) And of course there are the other books I have downloaded from here and from Feedbooks. My rule is 'if it crosses my radar, it's free and it looks even remotely interesting, I download it.' So there are another hundred or so books...

7) My public library fell off my radar when they stopped getting new ebooks. Turns out they were just pausing to switch formats and now they have about 150 epub-format books...some of which are new releases...

So...great! Ficbot has tons of books! Would take years to get through them all! Yay! So...what to read?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote