View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 07:38 AM   #14
Statch
Connoisseur
Statch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PW2, Samsung Galaxy 3, Kindle Fire HD
I just tried using the command line instead of the GUI for a book that I had previously had trouble converting to ePub or Mobi in Calibre after using ereader2html on it. It worked perfectly.

Using the GUI, I had tried specifying cp1252, which produced funny characters in front of the quotes and em-dashes, and I tried not specifying anything, which removed the quotes and em-dashes altogether. When I did it from the command line, using the syntax the previous poster mentioned, I got perfect output.

Now I have what is probably a stupid question. One of the many things I love about Calibre is being able to have all formats of the book show up in one place. (Meaning, when I click on the title in Calibre, I can see which formats of it I have and open any of them.) When I use the command line to produce the epub format from the html format, and then use the Gui to add the book to the library, it sees it as another title with the same name, rather than as an alternate format of the same title. (Am I making sense?) How can I make that right?
Statch is offline   Reply With Quote