View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #50
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
Bah... just bah. We are simplifying school curricula, then someone like this comes along saying we don't simplify it enough. Shall we, perhaps, assign only comic books to our kids? So we don't have to discuss Shakespeare with them?
Ok, don't start talking about simplified curricula; even kids from high schools that push them to read are still going to end up hating the "classic literature" chore books and the tripe in the literature textbooks. I was one of those kids.

It takes a very long time to get over having to try to skim a book and still be able to recall such pointless details as the fact that Cosette in Les Miserables was dressing up a lead sword like it was a doll. My dad was particularly nasty about this, because he tried to get rid of all my fun reading books when I was in the 6th or 7th grade and replace them with these old Landmark books, so he could quiz me over them. And when was the last time you enjoyed a book that you knew you were going to take a very hard test over?

So under those circumstances, it was easier to just not read for a while.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote