View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #49
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
I read your review but some of the issues don't seem like issue to me. Yes, the touch screen is IR based but then it shouldn't be called a touch screen? The Kobo/Sony/B&N touchscreens all work the same way. And it seems to be the best implementation to avoid putting a second surface over the e-ink.

Also, you seemed to imply that you only get smudges on the touchscreen if you moisturize your hands right before reading?

I think you need a shiny new non-touch version

EDIT: D'oh, the previous 2 posts appear while I was typing mine. you guys are quick!
Haha no worries. No, I agree with you that the IR-based scheme does work the best with e-ink vs a touch layer, but it doesn't work flawlessly. That's all I was saying.

Reminds me of what Churchill said, way back when... : "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote