View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
A humble request

This is a very minor thing, but it's something that has been nagging me for a while, and I thought I'd mention it and please ask the writers here to consider a (hopefully) minor request.

I get a lot of my books from Smashwords. My typical plan of attack is to get a free book, and if I like it, I go to that author's page, check out what else they offer, and if I like it enough and the price is reasonable then I buy some of their other books. Every now and then, I see books for sale with the price "You set the price!". I like this, and if I like the book I try to pay what I've seen other books of similar length sell for to make it fair. If it's a really good book, I throw in a tip for good measure.

What I don't like though, is when it's an author I am unfamiliar with, and I'm being asked to set a price on something I know nothing about. So here is my little request: If you decide to let the buyer set the price on one of your books, please give us the chance to download and read a sample first. A lot of writers do, but not everyone.

Even if it's a short 3,000-word story and the sample will be even shorter, I still want to be able to look at the book before I decide what to pay for it. That's all I'm asking, that I can read a sample of the book before buying it.

That's all.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote