Thread: Audio Books
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #39
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Alrighty then. Silly me, thinking the easiest way to have iTunes identify your audiobooks would be to identify them as audiobooks in iTunes.

Personally, my favorite layout for audiobooks is one mp3 per chapter, named with the chapter number. It helps when you're jumping between devices, or prone to falling asleep while listening and need to backtrack. One or two big tracks are the worst for that, though still manageable.
Staying in iTunes makes more sense to me as well, but many roads lead to Rome.

What I can't understand is why Overdrive and Audible, and even ebook readers with TTS have a sleep function built into the app, while the iPod music app forces you to leave the app, click through bazillion screens, set it, then go back to the app. What the heck, Apple?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote