View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 05:57 AM   #56
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
Congratulations you are the winner of the unfounded and needless hyperbole of the day award.

Portrait use on such a device will be perfectly fine for most things and landscape will be superior for most video use.
No it won't.
It's the same problem I have with my netbook(s).

In portrait, i'd need to scroll left-right a lot, because the sites I visit are designed for at least 800px width. On the ipad, the 768px is just enough to see the whole site on portrait, albleit a "zoomed out". But ipad's zooming is very fast, so no problem there.
Not only for websites, it's awkward for magazines and comics too. They're usually in 4:3-ratio. On my netbook the pages are squashed too much to be readable (depends on the fontsize).

On landscape, a lot of screen estate is gone when you're using desktop browsers like chrome, firefox, IE, etc. This is due to the bookmarksbar, the tabsbar, the urlbar. (google reader is even more annoying, as it's a framed page. Meaning you only see like 100px of the content you want to see)
On the ipad, there is standard minimalist design for the browser, but still, rotating is no problem at all. It's speedy.

Last edited by athlonkmf; 04-29-2010 at 05:59 AM.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote